23 Aug Why Tree Cabling is Important
Tree cabling is a process of installing cables and rods to support weak or damaged branches and trunks. It is an important preventive measure that Marchion and Faucher take to help protect trees from falling and causing damage to property or injury to others.
Here are some of the reasons why tree cabling is important:
- To prevent tree failure. Tree cabling can help to prevent trees from falling by providing support to weak or damaged branches and trunks. This is especially important in areas where there is high winds, ice, or snow, as these conditions can put additional stress on trees.
- To improve tree health. Tree cabling can help to improve tree health by preventing limbs from rubbing against each other, which can damage the bark and create entry points for pests and diseases. Cabling can also help to direct the growth of branches in a way that is more structurally sound.
- To preserve the appearance of a tree. Tree cabling can help to preserve the appearance of a tree by preventing limbs from drooping or breaking. This is important for trees that are used for shade or ornamental purposes.
- To extend the lifespan of a tree. Tree cabling can help to extend the lifespan of a tree by preventing it from falling or becoming damaged. This can save homeowners and businesses money in the long run.
If you have a tree that is in need of cabling, it is important to hire a qualified arborist to do the work such as Marchion and Faucher. Arborists have the training and experience to properly assess the needs of your tree and install the cables and rods in a way that is safe and effective.
Here are some of the signs that a tree may need cabling:
- Large, heavy branches that are not well-supported
- Branches that have been damaged by storms, pests, or diseases
- Trees that are located in areas with high winds, ice, or snow
If you notice any of these signs, it is a good idea to have your tree inspected by an arborist. They can help you determine if cabling is necessary and recommend the best course of action for your tree.
Looking to get a tree removed in Connecticut? Call Marchion & Faucher today or contact us here.