25 Sep How Do I Know if My Tree Needs to Be Removed?
Do I Need Tree Removal?
There are a number of signs that may indicate your tree needs to be removed. Some of the most common signs include:
- Dead or dying branches. Dead or dying branches in the tree’s crown are a major safety hazard, especially during storms. If you see a lot of dead or dying branches on your tree, it may be time to have it removed.
- Trunk damage. Vertical cracks, seams, and large wounds in the trunk of the tree are all signs of internal decay. A tree with severe trunk damage is at risk of collapsing, even in light winds.
- Leaning trunk. A leaning tree is also a safety hazard, especially if it is leaning towards people or property. A tree that is leaning more than 15 degrees from vertical should be removed.
- Root problems. If the roots of your tree are damaged or exposed, it may not be able to get the water and nutrients it needs to survive. Exposed roots can also create a tripping hazard.
- Disease or infection. Trees that are diseased or infected may not be able to be saved. Some common signs of tree disease include wilting leaves, discoloration of the leaves or bark, and fungal growth.
- Overgrowth. If your tree is overgrown, it may be causing damage to your home or other property. It may also be blocking sunlight from reaching other plants.
If you are unsure whether or not your tree needs to be removed, it is best to consult with a certified arborist. An arborist can assess the health of your tree and make a recommendation about whether or not it needs to be removed.
Here are some additional things to consider when deciding whether or not to remove a tree:
- Location. If the tree is located near power lines, buildings, or other structures, it may pose a safety hazard if it falls.
- Age. Older trees are more likely to have health problems and be a safety hazard.
- Species. Some species of trees are more prone to disease and insect damage than others.
- Value. If the tree is a valuable or historic tree, you may want to try to save it.
If you do decide to remove a tree, be sure to hire a qualified tree removal company. Tree removal can be dangerous, so it is important to have it done by professionals. If you do need a tree removed in Connecticut, call Marchion & Faucher today or contact us here.